I am in dire need of a prayer reboot. It’s not that I’m not praying at all, but my heart isn’t focused. Discouragement over the last month or so has had me feeling those prayers are hitting a ceiling before they reach God. And I feel like it’s mostly been a matter of going through the motions instead of really talking to God from my heart.
For the month of April, I am committing to:
- 30 solid minutes in prayer a day
- Commit to picking up my prayer journal in those dead moments
- Study Bible verses about prayer and God’s character. I’ll be sharing what I learn on Instagram every few days to keep us motivated (Follow here and turn on notifications to make sure you don’t miss any posts).
How to prep for the challenge:
- Find an accountability partner! I’m thinking about adding some sort of local element, maybe a meetup to pray together and text group? Accountability is soo important!! While I hope sharing insty posts will help, I would HIGHLY encourage finding a few friends to do this with to check in on throughout the month.
- Leave some feedback. What are your biggest frustrations with prayer? Finding time, focus, believing? I’d love to encourage you throughout the month by addressing those specifics in the posts I plan to share.
- Order a prayer journal or create your own system to keep track of prayer requests. You certainly don’t need one of our prayer journals, just make sure you have something you will really stick to!
I’m having a baby in 5 weeks and I can’t think of a more intentional way to spend this last month. 🙂
You May Also Like
2020 Yearly Prayer Journal
FIND FOCUS. ELIMINATE DISTRACTIONS. EXPERIENCE GOD.
No more waiting! It's in the shop now!