The last two months have been a blur of designing the new collection and I didn’t even share goals last month. Here’s to a fresh start! My goals for July:
1. Wrap up our small group study on friendship. This group has been such a blessing to me!
2. Visit Memphis. Top priority for me and Vivi: visit the zoo. Top priority for Tyler: delicious barbecue. Recommendations welcome!
3. Finalize all 2016 products. This means all the journals as well as the book edits and design!
4. Have adventure and down time with Vivi. I tend to sing and basically perform for this kid everyday. It certainly brings her joy and makes her a happy kid and I actually love being like this as well, but I also want her to understand the art of doing nothing. We’ve been practicing this a bit lately, like sitting on the porch eating our breakfast quietly just enjoying the birds and her spending time playing with her toys alone. She’s actually good at it. I think more than anything, it’s to teach me how to be relaxed and not feel the need to entertain.
5. Read Anything by Jennie Allen. I have veered from my 25 books in 15 a lot lately. The Lord has been teaching me so much about having a heavenly perspective and not clinging to my worldly comforts so much and this book will push me even further.
6. Take a daily prayer walk. It’s been raining so much here but I want to make sure I take advantage when it’s not raining to walk and pray. It’s good for my body and soul.
2020 Yearly Prayer Journal
FIND FOCUS. ELIMINATE DISTRACTIONS. EXPERIENCE GOD.
No more waiting! It's in the shop now!
7. Plan my meals ahead of time. I love fruits and veggies but if I don’t prep them ahead of time, I choose the easy less healthy options, especially in the middle of the day. This month, my goal is to plan each week beforehand so I have my food ready and can make choices not based on my emotions but based on truth. Do you do this? If so, what method or products have been most helpful to you?
What goals do you have for July??