Praying for healing probably brings up tons of stories and emotions in your mind. Whether it’s for ourselves or someone else, it can be hard to know what is “okay” to pray for or how to specifically pray at all. In these episodes, we’re tackling the topic with a functional nutritionist, soaking ourselves in scripture and actually praying for the healing we desperately seek.
Ep. 56: Praying for healing with meredyth fletcher
Our spiritual and physical lives are deeply connected, but how and why does it matter? Val chats with functional nutritionalist Meredyth Fletcher of Karpos Wellness about the science behind this connection, how we can practically pray over our bodies and health.
Karpos Wellness is a creative and innovative approach towards holistic health with an emphasis on nutrient-dense whole foods as a foundation towards physical and emotional healing
Highlights from today’s episode:
- 3:25 Meredyth’s current prayer routine
- 7:00 How our spiritual life and physical health relate
- 15:20 Praying for alignment in our bodies
- 23:40 How do we not idolize our health
- 29:00 Involving others in praying for your health
- 33:40 Encouragement when struggling with health
- 39:12 Why we may not experience immediate healing
Powered by RedCircle
Ep. 57: How to Pray for healing
If I’m honest, I want to believe that God will heal every person who has enough faith. In my book, “I’ve got the faith, so bring on the healing.” But as I’ve read Scripture, I’ve come to the conclusion that healing these earthly bodies is not something God has promised us. And the more I’ve studied, the less that scares me and the more I see the purpose in it.
Today, I want to share with you what I have learned about praying for something as complicated as healing.
Scripture mentioned in today’s episode:
- Psalm 139:14 – I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- James 1:5 – If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
- James 1:2-4 – Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
- Romans 8:6 – For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
- Proverbs 4:23 – Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
- 1 Peter 2:24 – He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
- 2 Corinthians 4:17 – For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
- 1 Peter 4:1 – Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.
- Isaiah 26:3 – You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
Powered by RedCircle
A prayer for healing
Not sure where to start? This short prayer will guide you into a thoughtful prayer for healing for yourself and others.
- Share specifically what you want God to heal.
- Lament with the Lord what is hardest.
- Praise the Lord for who He is.
- Surrender to God and remember His sovereignty.
- Psalm 30:2 – O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.
- Jeremiah 17:14 – Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Isaiah 55:8-9 – For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
- Psalm 84:11 – For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.
This prayer has been adapted from my book Springboard Prayers. If you were encouraged by it and would like 124 other prayers to read when you don’t have the words, grab a copy at valmariepaper.com as well as our other resources mentioned.
Powered by RedCircle
Want a journal designed to help you focus in prayer?
Try our monthly format designed to be filled out once at the beginning of the month really intentionally. Then you can pick up daily to pray over several things on your list! Check out our brand new linen journals in the shop now!
Val has a book on prayer!
Go to valmariepaper.com/pray to order Pray Confidently and Consistently, get our no-fail leader’s guide and more!
Enjoying Prayer in a Noisy World? We’d be so grateful if you’d leave us a review and help others know that prayer is possible!