If you have heard me talk at all about the prayer journals for even a minute, you know that they were designed during my pregnancy. Being both a hypochondriac and very sensitive to my body, I knew the only way I’d survive pregnancy was through lots of prayer and organizing my bajillion prayer requests was no small task so I designed myself a little organizational tool that you know as the prayer journals. The 9 months became an incredible journey and a time I experience the most growth I’ve ever experienced in my faith.
Today I thought I’d share the list of the things I actually prayed for during the last month before she was due.
PRAYERS FOR MOM:
– labor & delivery
– be a light to nurses and doctors
– breastfeeding and milk supply
– sleep and energy
– postpartum recovery
– postpartum depression
– finding quality time with God
– peace and patience for due date
– joy during the first two weeks
– bonding with Tyler
– flexibility as a mom
– trust not worry about Vivi
– fire for the Lord
– rest before Vivi
– smooth maternity leave
– confidence in parenting
– safe delivery
– able to breastfeed
– sweet spirit
– pleasant baby
– overall health
– a light for Jesus
– future friends
– future mate
– future career/passions
IF YOU ARE PREGNANT:
1. Check out our Pregnancy Prayer Journal! It’s divided up into trimesters and then months with space to pray for your worries, baby’s development, future, your symptoms, and dad. There is space for answered prayers, a Scripture verse, and even goals.
Cover your pregnancy in prayers from labor and delivery and even into the first six weeks.
2. Read the other blogs I have written over the years about motherhood here!
3. Sign up below to get access to the pregnancy verses.
IF YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT:
1. Print them for yourself anyway! Others have used the verses for back surgeries, rough seasons and lots of other life events.
2. Grab our Labor Verses from the library (sign up above) and print them out. They make the sweetest personal touch to a shower gift! 🙂