Tyler, Vivi and I (plus Val Marie Paper) are currently living in a 2-bedroom apartment. We plan to stick around for another 6-9 months or so, but we are so excited for our first house together! I put together some fun inspiration of what I’d love in a home! Although our budget won’t quite allow for one that is seen in magazine pages, I think some of these details we can incorporate within our budget!
My style (I say my and not our, because Tyler could care less as long as there is a bed, refrigerator and Vivi and I) is definitely influenced by my families’ developing of a bungalow style traditional neighborhood, Olde Towne at Millcreek. The style is fresh and clean, yet super comfortable and livable. Here are a few details I would love to incorporate into a home!
1. Farmhouse Sink – Oh how lovely! And big! Not to mention, those windows overlooking the yard.
2. Mudroom – A place to keep everyone’s junk out of the living room or kitchen. The lighting is perfection as well as the high wainscoting.
3. Breakfast Nook – Ok so the whole house can’t be covered in windows, but I LOVE the feel of natural light shining through. I think a necessity outside these windows would be a hydrangea bush, don’t you think?
4. Built-Ins Focal Wall – Bungalow homes have plenty of built-ins. This style wall is seen in many of their home designs. The mixture of natural wood and paint is gorgeous and I love that there is so much space to display pretty things as well as closed space to hide the junk. Also, it’s a bit tough to see but the tile around the fireplace is so unique and a must in any bungalow home.
5. Bistro lights and Stony Outdoor Eating Area – I’m all about having plenty of grass in the backyard but also love the idea of a nice stony floor and perfect lighting for outdoor events. This photo has me wanting to plan many fall night dinners out here!
6. Fun Wallpapered Half Bath – Wallpaper isn’t for every room, but I think it’s perfect for a small half bath! It adds a bit of fun and can be changed much easier than larger rooms. I am LOVING this black and white spotted paper with the gold accents!
7. Spacious Laundry Room – The counter space in this laundry room is so dreamy! I like to fold clothes straight out of the dryer before they get wrinkly and this space seems perfect to make that happen. The wall is made of subway tile plus, more windows! Who could hate laundry with a view like that! : )
8. Pendant Light – I love simple things with great materials. I’m not into super trendy things because I tend to hate them as soon as I make a decision on them. These seem perfect!
9. Open Floor Plan – I love the way this kitchen faces the living room creating a really large space without separating everyone.
What do you look for in a home??
And if you happen to stumble upon this holy grail of a house, do tell me! 😉