I mentioned in my post on God-centered goal setting that I found several verses for each goal to keep me inspired and motivated and ultimately focused on God’s plan for me instead of my own. Today I thought I’d share with y’all my goals for 2015 along with the Bible verses I’ve chosen. Most, if not all, of the verses can work for your goals too as some are general, related to finance, health, work, frienships etc.
I could have easily linked to all these verses, but I want y’all to dig into the Word. I know when I search out something and actually flip through pages, I stumble upon other truth that pertains to what I’m looking for. If you don’t have a Bible, look up the verses here. You can also read different versions here as well.
Goals in no particular order:
1. To radically change the way I view and take care of my body. Change my negative attitude. Learn to love to be active. Put more effort into self-care.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
1 Corinthians 9:26-27
1 Thessalonians 5:23
2. To create new products that point to Christ and draw people closer to Him.
1 Corinthians 3:13
3. To figure out a way to give back through VMP. Make my business more of a tool for God to use.
2 Corinthians 9:6-8
2 Chronicles 15:7
5. To host people in our home with purpose and pointing to Christ and for people to feel peace and joy here.
6. To solidify friendships and create a core group, both couples and girls.
7. Be a good steward of our home and take care of it. Make it a place of peace, not chaos.
8. Determine the best plan for the wedding invitation side of VMP.
9. Live a minimalistic lifestyle. Keep our home from being overrun by toys, clothes and VMP things.
1 John 2:15-17
1 Timothy 6:6-8
10. To change my view of foods. To eliminate soda from my lifestyle and minimal sugar instead focusing on fruits and veggies.
1 Corinthians 6:12-20
So how do you find verses to fit each goal? Here were three ways I used:
1. Subject/word search in my Bible concordance. This is how I found most of my verses. I have (and love!) the ESV Study Bible. Think outside the box. For goals on health, search words like run, race or temple and you will find so many great verses!
2. I used books that cover the topics. My money goals I used Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace book that we had from a past class. He has tons of verses on the edges of each page. My She Reads Truth guide on Hospitality for my goals related to others. I used my 31 Days of Prayer for the Dreamer & Doer for several goals, like simplicity, identity. Each of the 31 topics have 4 related verses so this was an amazing resource! I also referenced my copy of The Daniel Plan for health goals.
3. I recalled stories in the Bible that had to do with a similar topic. I loved the picture of gleaning in Ruth as it related to the poor so I included that passage for my giving goal.
Here is the coolest thing about pairing Scripture to your goals. It’s further reinforcement that your goal is something God would want for your life, based on the truth in His Word.
Any other verses you would include with my goals or similar goals??